What can the CT EJ Screening Tool be used for?
Identifying vulnerable communities that may be experiencing the cumulative impact of environmental, social, and health related burdens.
- This tool combines environmental, health and demographic data, layers them over a map, and presents the map in a web-based format. Users can zoom in on a certain geographic area and see data specific to that area.
Prioritization of resources to enhance environmental equity.
• Obtain a better understanding of the conditions in communities overburdened by environmental, health, and socioeconomic disparities to make better informed policy decisions at the state and local levels of government.
• Provide data to support business and financial institution investments, government and community foundation grant programs, Brownfield redevelopment, as well as community investment in health and housing programs, green technologies, and infrastructure.
Provide data to enhance and guide the decision-making process and between different stakeholders.
- Guiding local, state, and federal agencies and policymakers to support better and uplift vulnerable communities, including local departments and commissions on economic development, education, health, housing, and town planning and zoning.
Retrospective Reporting for Grant Applications.
- Generating data reports, map images, and visual graphics for grant applications to support the case for prioritized community infrastructure investment, workforce training opportunities, public health, and environmental education programs.
Education and Outreach
- Support outreach for environmental and public health education to improve the health and well-being of communities that may be experiencing environmental, social, and health-related challenges.